What is the Best Food to Feed my Puppy/Dog?
A survey done in 2016 by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention revealed that an estimated 54% of dogs in the USA are overweight. Low quality diets are a significant factor in this epidemic. Many people buy their dog's food without first even looking at the ingredients. Corn and grains are cheap fillers used by many of the "big companies" to keep their prices low. However, dogs absorb very little nutrients from grains because of a lack of salivary amylase. Being carnivores, corn should never be a main ingredient in a dog's diet! Grain free or low-grain diets mimic the ancestral diet of the wolf and are much easier for a dog to digest. We highly recommend Life's Abundance Dog Food!
Our highest recommended food for dogs and puppies of all ages! The same food all Steel City Puppies moms and dads eat! Rated 5 out of 5 Stars by Dog Food Advisor!
• A proprietary blend of vitamins & minerals
• High-quality protein from turkey, chicken & whitefish meals for strong muscles
• An antioxidant system including vitamins C & E
• Prebiotic fiber & guaranteed probiotics
• A selection of nutritious vegetables & fruits
• Guaranteed omega-3 fatty acids for healthy skin & a shiny coat
• Guaranteed calcium & phosphorus for healthy teeth & strong bones
• Dietary fiber to help maintain a healthy digestive tract
Small & Medium Breed Puppy Food
This puppy food is what our mini and petites doodles (10-35 lbs) are weaned on! A smaller sized kibble for a smaller sized pup!
Small & Medium Puppy System
The small & medium puppy food bundled with the Wellness Food Supplement!
This chewable tablet includes the following nutritious ingredients:
- Chicken liver, which is rich in vitamin A and D, protein and selenium.
- Natural vitamin E, which is an antioxidant.
- Taurine, which is an essential amino acid.
- Cranberries, a rich source of vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese.
- Carrots, a rich source of beta-carotene (vitamin A), vitamins C, D, and E, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and iron.
- Dried egg, one of nature's most nutrient-dense foods, plays an important role in a balanced diet. Eggs are considered a complete protein source, providing essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals (vitamins A, B, E, biotin, and sulfur). Eggs also provide healthy fats, such as omega-6 for healthy skin and a glossy coat.
- Ground Flaxseed is a rich plant source of antioxidant lignans and omega-3 fatty. Flaxseed meal also has a very high level of protein and essential amino acids. In addition, flaxseed meal contains significant amounts of fiber, vitamin E, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and is extremely rich in the minerals potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
- Direct-fed microbials, ingredients similar to those found in supermarket yogurts.
- Ester-C*, a unique and patented form of vitamin C (calcium ascorbate).
- Tomato pomace, a good source of lycopene and vitamin C.
- Alfalfa meal, which is a good source of protein, vitamin A, niacin and calcium, and a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, pantothenic acid, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper and manganese.
- Pineapple, which is a good source of enzymes, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Comparing Life's Abundance to other Puppy Foods!
Quality dog foods contain:
- Quality meat at least as the top two ingredients
- For example: chicken meal, boneless turkey, salmon, bison, lamb meal, wild boar, etc.
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Omega Fatty Acids
- Minimum 25% protein (Animal-Sourced)
- "Grain-free" Label
- "For all Life Stages"
All Life Stage Grain Free Ingredients:
Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Field Peas, Chickpeas, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Dried Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Whitefish Meal, Flaxseed Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Egg Product, Fish Oil, Yeast Culture, Carrots, Salt, Celery, Fructooligosaccharide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Cranberries, Blueberries, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, Beets, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Parsley, Lettuce, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Inositol, Watercress, Spinach, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Manganese Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.
Quality dog foods DO NOT contain:
- Corn, soybean meal, or ground wheat
- By-products (This is essentially slaughterhouse waste)
- Animal fat
- Meat and bone meal
- Animal digest
- Chicken flavor
- Dyes (Red 40, Yellow 5, etc.)
- Corn Syrup
Purina® Puppy Chow® Ingredients:
Whole grain corn, corn gluten meal, chicken by-product meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), soybean meal, egg and chicken flavor, brewers rice, barley, animal digest, calcium phosphate, fish oil, calcium carbonate, dried yeast, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, zinc sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, Yellow 6, ferrous sulfate, DL-Methionine, Yellow 5, Red 40, manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, Blue 2, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.